One observation I’ve made over the years is that people tend to visualize trust in pretty narrow terms, thinking of it as a feeling of one person toward another. I trust you or I do not trust you.
I start many of my programs by demonstrating that trust is far more complex than we realize, and it is extremely dynamic. If you believe trust is one thing, consider this (incomplete) list of the different types of trust in our lives:
1. Assurance – You always have my back
2. Consistency – You always do what you say
3. Reliance – You do what you believe is in my best interest
4. Dependency – You do things to keep me well and happy
5. Values – We share common core values and trust…
View original post 835 more words