In the sales profession they say there are two types of personas – the Hunter and the Farmer.
These terms are used to describe the contrasts between salespeople and how they approach their careers:
- Independent and solution driven
- Focus on quick acquisitions and big deals
- Use their network to build their business
Farmers on the other hand:
- Nurture client relationships
- Cultivate strong customer loyalty
- Foster collaboration with business partners
While the debate goes on about which is the best persona, the fact of the discussion is having a balance between the two to actively grow sales and keep clients.
Now with that in mind, think about the implications of the hunter vs. farmer analogy in your talent development. How can these personas help you make your team better?
If you adopt a hunter persona, you actively seek out the best people for your organization. You use your network to…
View original post 237 more words