The Title alone of this likely makes many of you Wonder!
Many Successful sales resources are focused on Reacting. Reacting to customers, reacting to bosses, reacting to your company; that IS what some sales people do.
Unfortunately, it can really backfire. As a sales professional, if you just keep reacting, it can have a number of negative effects:
- The Customer will begin to expect that you will Always React, no matter the request.
- You give away all of your Power to the Customer.
- You lose the ability to Coordinate the Sales Process (Notice I did not say Control!)
- Your Competition will know that you are taking this approach, and use it against you.
So, instead of Reacting, how about this as an approach:
- Confirm that there is Reason to do what the Customer is asking of you
- Question those Asking you the Key Questions:
- Why is this Important?
- Why is…
View original post 162 more words