When speaking with a group of managers recently, I asked what were their top employee issues. I was very surprised that many of these managers responded with “questionable employee integrity.” I quickly asked them “why would you keep an employee if you questioned their integrity?”
After listening to a few of the manager’s reasons, I asked them again “why would you keep an employee if you questioned their integrity?”
Frankly, they could not give me what I thought was a good answer, but these were a few of the answers they gave me:
- They are a friend of the boss or another employee.
- We don’t have anyone to replace them.
- We cannot spend the time it takes to look for and hire another employee who may be the same.
- They have been at the job a long time, and they really need their job.
- They are good with customers, we just…
View original post 260 more words