By Linda Fisher Thornton
I’m hearing people talking about trustworthy leadership everywhere I go. We all crave it. We seek it out because trustworthy leadership allows us to be at our best so that we can make a meaningful contribution.
To recognize a trustworthy leader, look for all of these tell-tale signs:
- Values Centered – character, integrity and moral awareness are top priorities
- Full Congruence – behaves the same way in every context, and shows congruence between thoughts, words and deeds
- Genuinely Cares – treats people well – everybody, not just the inner circle
- Shows Respect – demonstrates respect for people and differences
- Other Focused – realizes that leadership is about bringing out the best in others – and it shows in every interaction and conversation
The best leaders strive to live out all five of these characteristics every day. They center themselves in positive ethical values like respect, care and trustworthiness.
View original post 71 more words